Cambium Networks Announces 28 GHz cnWave™ Multi-Gigabit 5G Fixed Wireless Solution
Operating in the mmWave bands from 24.25 to 29.50 GHz, encompassing the 3GPP 5G channels N257, N258, and N261,
"5G fixed technology fits perfectly as a complement to wired or mobile networks," said Chris DePuy, Technology Analyst at 650 Group. "Hybrid networks may require service provider architects to think differently, but the capital spending savings can be significant."
The system is designed to operate in urban, suburban, and rural locations. Utilizing 112 MHz wide channels, 28 GHz cnWave can provide over 3 Gbps of throughput. In addition, the system can support up to 240 subscribers per sector with a range up to 7 km.
"To expand their addressable market, service providers are leveraging hybrid networks," said
The system employs the 5G protocol and innovations that optimize performance for fixed wireless applications. Purpose-built for fixed wireless broadband, key features of the solution include:
- 5G-NR protocol and frame structure – optimized for fixed wireless to maximize throughput and reduce complexity, while retaining the ability to coexist with standards-based products
- Multi-User MIMO – leveraging
Cambium Networks'industry-leading and field-proven cnMedusa™ Massive MU-MIMO technology that provides up to eight simultaneous data streams to CPEs
- Beamforming – proven
Cambium Networkswireless technology to optimize performance and isolate noise
- Automated provisioning – to streamline installation and provisioning
"28 GHz cnWave enables service providers to extend the fiber core in a matter of weeks or months instead of years," said
Base Transceiver Station(BTS) – The BTS integrates all functions of a gNB and network core in one box and is optimized for fixed wireless applications. Cambium Networks Software-Defined Radio technology enables future enhancements without requiring replacement or on-site dispatches.
- Tower Switch - Designed for multi-gigabit fixed wireless broadband network operators, the cnMatrix™ TX series of switches provides a fully integrated switching solution that reduces the number of boxes, simplifies deployment operations while improving network performance.
- CPE - Extended range CPE with a 35 dBi high gain passive reflector antenna. The CPE supports 24.25 to 29.5 GHz in one SKU, simplifying operations and deployment planning. Deploy rapidly and easily using precise tools for alignment and standard PoE. In future releases,
Cambium Networksintends to work with 3rd party CPE manufacturers to enable a selection of 5G Fixed CPEs.
- Indoor and Outdoor Wi-Fi Access Points - Wi-Fi access points and service provider routers right-sized for any organization. 'Wire-like' Gigabit performance with powerful edge services secure the network and enhance the user experience.
- LINKPlanner and cnHeat™ planning software - Quickly design outdoor and indoor network coverage to reduce deployment cost and time to service.
Cambium Networks'planning software provides highly accurate RF predictions and derivative services that accurately represent the reality of the RF world.
- cnMaestro™ X cloud management - cnMaestro simplifies device management by offering complete network visibility, software upgrades, and zero-touch provisioning. View and perform a full suite of wireless network management functions in real-time. Optimize system availability, maximize throughput, and meet emerging needs of business and residential customers.
28 GHz cnWave is the newest technology in
To learn more, plan to attend the 5G Fixed 28 GHz cnWave Introduction webinar on
+1 (650) 868-4659
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cambium-networks-announces-28-ghz-cnwave-multi-gigabit-5g-fixed-wireless-solution-301438848.html