Wireless Is the New Fiber: Cambium Networks Changes Broadband Economics with New Wi-Fi 6 Access and 60 GHz Fixed Wireless Technologies
The new products are based on the latest wireless advances – Wi-Fi 6 for local area networks and 60 GHz millimeter-wave technology for wide area networks – and can be managed as a single network via one cloud-based software management console. The combination delivers industry-leading multi-gigabit wireless at a breakthrough total cost of ownership (TCO) for every Mbps (megabits per second) delivered.
- Wi-Fi 6 Performance and TCO: Cambium is launching several new Wi-Fi 6 products, including two wireless access points, six multi-gigabit switches, and enhanced cloud-based software that simplifies wireless network design and deployment. Cambium's Wi-Fi 6 portfolio is based on a software-defined, multi-radio architecture that dramatically increases Wi-Fi speeds while reducing ownership costs by up to 30 percent versus competitive products. The products are ideal for enterprises, office buildings, retailers, schools, apartment complexes, and smart cities that can now deliver more simultaneous video streams and support more concurrent users than ever before. Learn more here. Meanwhile, managed service providers and resellers can offer more compelling and competitive services. Learn more here.
- The 60 GHz Difference: With Cambium's embrace of 60 GHz millimeter wave technology, arriving in new products to be launched this summer, service providers will be able to deliver the performance and reliability of fiber in places where fiber was not economical. Early indications suggest an extremely high level of interest in deploying this architecture to efficiently deliver business and residential high-speed broadband internet service. Learn more here.
Cambium's latest innovations build on its 2019 acquisition of Xirrus Wi-Fi products and cloud services. Cambium's expanded portfolio sets the company up to pursue a broad range of growth opportunities worldwide, with a total addressable market spanning fixed wireless broadband and Wi-Fi access of more than
"From New York to
In addition to Wi-Fi 6 and 60 GHz adoption, today's announcement showcases the advantage of Cambium's fundamental design processes – focused on performance, scalability, flexibility and low cost of ownership, centrally managed via the cloud. The expanded portfolio will allow Cambium to deliver integrated solutions across many wireless categories using a single pane of glass.
"Just as a single engine design can power multiple kinds of cars, Cambium's cnMaestro software can support a wide range of wireless applications," said
"Qualcomm Technologies continues to collaborate with customers like Cambium to realize a fresh vision for a truly ubiquitous wireless network," said
Cambium's new Wi-Fi 6 products deliver unprecedented performance and value versus competitive products. For example, deployment of 100 Cambium XV3-8 access points with XMS-Cloud management provides an average cost savings of 29.8 percent over five years, compared to similar deployments of 100 Wi-Fi 6 access points from five other enterprise Wi-Fi vendors. Similarly, a deployment of 100 Cambium XV2-2 access points with cnMaestro management provides an average cost savings of 42.0 percent over five years, compared to similar deployments from five other enterprise Wi-Fi vendors. (Comparisons are based on publicly available MSRP pricing and product specification information.)
Many Cambium customers have already realized the vision of unified wireless that works anywhere:
San Francisco'sMoscone Center delivers rock-solid Internet to tens of thousands of mobile devices carried by event attendees.
- Hospital de Cancer de Barretos in
Brazilprovides secure high-capacity Wi-Fi for staff, patients and visitors.
Navajo Nationhas access to digital education with solar-powered wireless broadband from Sacred Wind Communications.
- The Open for All festival held annually in
Switzerlandprovides high-density outdoor Wi-Fi for thousands of opera lovers thanks to Lesswire Communications.
- Business and residential customers in
South Africahave dramatically improved quality of experience with wireless access from HeroTel.
About Cambium Networks
Big Valley Marketing for Cambium
+1 (650) 868-4659
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wireless-is-the-new-fiber-cambium-networks-changes-broadband-economics-with-new-wi-fi-6-access-and-60-ghz-fixed-wireless-technologies-301082490.html